Letter to Our Families During COVID-19
Dear Parents and Students,
We know that this can be a difficult time for all of you and we want you to know that we are in this together! While the way in which we interact may have changed, our commitment to our students and their overall well-being and success has not. Below you will find the contact information for each counselor. Counselors are available Monday-Friday, 8:00-3:30 via email and will do our best to get back to you within 24 working hours.
The link to district web-site is https://www.vcsedu.org/ . Here you can find an abundance of information and up-to-date info as we get it. We will also be updating and posting information on our twitter account that will be used to update parents and students; follow us at @atlguidance.
This is unchartered territory for all of us so please be patient as we navigate this situation and know that we will be here to help you in any way we can. Your school counselors are working together to figure out new ways to reach our students and to get information out to you all. We miss all of our students and we hope to be back to campus soon! Until then, take care and stay healthy. Fins up!
If you are experiencing an emergency after hours here are a few hotlines available to you:
Suicide prevention hotline - 1-800-784-2433
Crisis intervention hotline - 1-800-273-TALK
Mental Health assistance - 1 - 800-539-4228
or if you are experiencing an emergency - dial 911
Hoping you are staying home and safe. We will get through this!
Update from College Board for AP Students
Student/Parent updates: https://apcoronavirusupdates.collegeboard.org/students
- Highlighted free AP live classes on every student's homepage, and added links to recorded classes on key topics and review concepts.
- Students should be strongly encouraged to test during the standard testing window of May 11-22. The make-up dates are to be reserved in case of an emergency…a power outage when a student tries to sit for the exam in the first window….internet connectivity issues….etc.
View the full testing schedule.
- AP Classroom has enabled all free-response questions to be taken by students at home on any device, without requiring the LockDown Browser. The AP Exams will not require a Lockdown Browser either.
- AP Classroom has provided optional, self-paced student practice, with free-response questions to help students practice their knowledge and skills as they prepare for the exam. Students can see scoring criteria from past exams to help revise their responses.
- Any student who does not have access to a device and/or internet should contact us directly to let us know by April 24. An AP Coordinator or teacher may also fill this out on the student’s behalf.
- Parent Webinar: hosted by Trevor Packer, head of the AP Program, to learn more about at-home testing, the exam schedule, and AP review classes. He'll interview an AP teacher about how to best prepare for exams and a representative from college admissions about how students can earn college credit and placement with exam scores. The webinar will take place on Thursday, April 16, 7 p.m. ET. Register Now
For Seniors Only -Final Transcript Request Form
- Seniors -please fill out and return to Ms. Yolanda Kennedy. You should only be sending your final transcript to the college/university you are attending in the Summer/Fall semester. Final transcripts are typically released in late June and contain the graduation date that is set by the District. 2020 Final Transcript Request Form.pdf (109.8 KBs)
Mrs. Anne Ornstein (previously Mrs. Giacovelli) - ext. 38132, Teams ext. 76579 [email protected]
Students whose last names begin with A-E
Mrs. Jan Turp- ext. 38183, Teams ext. 75933 [email protected] Director of Guidance
Students whose last names begin with F-I
Ms. Anna Tai- ext. 38139, Teams ext. 75864 [email protected]
Students whose last names begin with J-Q
Ms. Tonya Jackson- ext. 38130, Teams ext. 75778 [email protected]
Students whose last names begin with R-Z
Ms. Yolanda Kennedy, Registrar- ext. 38141
Mrs. Renee Gutierrez, Guidance Secretary- ext. 38497
Atlantic High School
1250 Reed Canal Road
Port Orange, Florida 32129
386-322-6100 Phone Ext. 38497
7:30 a.m. until 2:30 p.m.
7:30 a.m. until 11:30 a.m.
(By appointment only)