Your student has been chosen to participate in the Volusia County Schools Jumpstart Biology Program! All Science students who will enter high school biology in 2022-2023, are invited to attend. This program will take place at your student’s high school. The purpose of this program is to help your student have a successful experience in biology in 2022-2023 and build necessary skills needed on the state Biology End-of-Course exam which is a graduation requirement.
Here is the specific information you will need to know as you are planning your family’s summer activities:
When: EAST SIDE HIGH SCHOOLS:
• July 5th-8th, July 11th, 13th: 9:00-12:00 at child’s school.
• July 12th: 9:00-2:35 Field Study at Rose Bay
WEST SIDE HIGH SCHOOLS:
• July 5th-8th, July 12th, 13th: 9:00-12:00 at child’s school.
• July 11th: 9:00-2:35 Field Study at Rose Bay
Program Highlights: • The program is FREE!
• Daily hands-on lab and activities!
• Daily Biology Instruction to get a head start for next year!
• Includes a field study at Rose Bay! (Dress Code provided later.) • Normal dress code applies, closed toed shoes.
• You will need to fill out the emergency contact and parent permission forms.
We are so excited to welcome your student to the program!
Please contact Louise Chapman @ [email protected] if you have any further questions.
See Related content below for permission forms.
- (803.9 KBs)