· There are two pathways in the TEAL Academy: Early Childhood Education and Elementary/Secondary Education.
Early Childhood Education Track
· The avenue of early childhood is a unique career education pathway in which high school students will prepare for careers in child related occupations.
· Students take course towards earning certification with the Department of Children and Families
· Students can also earn their Early Childhood Professional Certificate (ECPC).
· .Career possibilities may include teaching in a preschool, childcare setting or becoming a childcare facility owner.
Elementary/Secondary Education Track
· This career pathway also offers a core component teaching courses which allow students to explore the field of education as a career possibility.
Students’ educational journey in this pathway include the following courses:
· Year 1: Introduction to Teaching Principles
· Year 2: Human Growth & Development
· Year 3: Curriculum & Instruction
· Year 4: Internship
· Both education pathways include opportunities for students to apply newly acquired educational skills while working hands-on with the Atlantic SharkPups, a Volusia County Schools Voluntary Prekindergarten Program.