Required Paperwork for Physicals
ONLINE ATHLETIC CLEARANCE
1. Visit www.AthleticClearance.com and click on the Florida button.
2. Click on “Create an Account” and follow steps. Or click “Sign In” if you have previously created an account. If you need help, click to watch the tutorial video. Please create your account using a valid email (which will become your username) and valid password.
3. Sign in using the email address and password that you registered with.
4. Select “Start Clearance Here” to start the process.
o Choose the School Year in which the student plans to participate. Ex: Football in Sept 2022 would be the 2023-2024 School Year.
o Choose the School where the student attends and will compete.
o Choose the Sport. For multiple sports, click “Add New Sport” (Chose All Sports you are interested in.) Electronic signatures will be applied to the additional sports/activities.
5. Complete all required fields for Student Information, Educational History, Medical History and Signature Forms (if you have gone through the AthleticClearance.com process before, you will select the Student and Parent/Guardian from the dropdown menu on those pages).
6. All data will be electronically filed with your school’s athletic department for review.
7. COACHES WILL RECEIVE CLEARANCE VIA GOOGLE DOC.
Atlantic High School Student-Athletes 2023-2024
ALL new and returning athletes must be registered and cleared in Athletic Clearance in order to participate in conditioning, camps, and tryouts. The Athletic Clearance platform is a paperless system that manages athlete registrations, physicals, and all necessary documents to be able to play sports at Atlantic High School.
Instructions for Parents/Guardians: (Register using any computer, tablet, or smartphone device.) using your students school email (ex ALPHA@VCS2GO.NET) BEFORE you register, please gather the following items.
• An updated physical on the appropriate FHSAA EL2 form. https://fhsaa.com/documents/2023/3/3/EL2_Form.pdf
• Proof of Insurance* (copy or photo of ins. card is fine)
• Proof of taking 3 on-line courses in the athlete’s name (not Parents name)
*GA4 Recruiting Policy Affidavit https://fhsaa.com/documents/2020/4/15/ga04_affidavit_06_2019.pdf
• FHSAA Heat Illness Certificate
• FHSAA Sudden Cardiac Arrest Certificate
• FHSAA Concussion Video Certificate
All physicals expire one year from physician’s signature. *If you do not have insurance, please upload a note stating you will by relying on VCS Activity insurance which can be purchased at https://schoolinsuranceofflorida.com/
***FHSAA Heat Illness, Sudden Cardiac Arrest, and Concussion Videos can be found on https://nfhslearn.com/ ***
1. Log in to Athletic Clearance at https://athleticclearance.fhsaahome.org/
2. If new to Athletic Clearance, click Blue Start Clearance Here tab
3. Choose: School Year (2023-24),
4. Find Your School: Atlantic High School (Port Orange)
5. Select Sport(s)
6. Complete all required fields: Student Information, Parent Information, Medical History, Signature Forms, and upload the current and completed EL2 making sure is it completely filled out, copy of insurance card, Heat Illness, Concussion and Cardiac Video Certificates as required and GA 4 form.
7. Once you reach the Confirmation Message, you have completed the online registration process. Please do not print the Confirmation Message. This form DOES NOT NEED TO BE TURNED IN. It says your child started the process and is not cleared until you get the Cleared Email.
8. Your student is not yet CLEARED! The data is electronically filed with AHS Athletic Department for review. When your athlete is cleared for participation, you will receive an email notification.
9. If you have questions, please use the yellow Help Option on the bottom right of the screen or contact the AD Coach Brown at email@example.com
What is my Username?
Your username is the email address that you registered with. Normally the student’s email.
If you know or think your student will play multiple sports, it is best to add all sports on the first step. If you are registering for additional sports after completing your initial clearance for the year, you will have to complete the process again. The good news is that if you select the student and parent info from the dropdown on those respective pages, the information will autofill.
The physical form can be downloaded on Medical History page. Please note that physicals expire after 365 days from the date it is signed by the physician. Also, the FHSAA EL2 Physical is the only form accepted. The form MUST BE SIGNED by the PARENT, STUDENT, all yes answers explained and Florida PHYSICIAN prior to uploading the file.
This area is meant to store your files so you can access them later in the year or perhaps years following. Why haven’t I been cleared? The Athletics Department will review the information you have submitted and Clear or Deny your student for participation within a reasonable time frame. You will receive an email when the student is cleared to participate.
My student was denied, now what?
You should have received an email with the reason for denial. Please update your Clearance record accordingly, then send an email to the Athletic Director or Athletic Trainer and ask to review the information. Of course, if you have any challenges with this process, please email the Athletic Department for assistance.