Volunteer Hours Training
Before beginning volunteer work, students must take the Youth Partnership Program training. Students must complete training PRIOR to logging volunteer hours. On campus training dates are below, but you can elect to take the training online below. You must complete the Post-Test with an 80% or higher in order for the training to count.
Hours that can be counted for volunteer service or paid work* are as follows:
• For a nonprofit community service organization
• Business or governmental internship (see page 9 for definition)
• Activities on behalf of a candidate for public office
• Performances, rehearsals, practices, club activities (such as service projects, not meetings), competitions (performing arts, special programs, athletics, etc.) Note: Must be affiliated with Volusia County Schools and cannot be related to course requirements; meaning the hours don’t count if credit is earned.
*NEW THIS YEAR -Legislation now counts paid work hours as volunteer hours. Hours must be at a legimate work site and not supervised by a family member.
Hours That Cannot Be Counted
• NCR Study Hall, Office Aide, babysitting a sibling
• Anything that is part of a requirement for course credit work (Example: Senior TEAL Internship hours -anything beyond course expectations can be counted).
Volunteer Hours Online Training
Additional Forms -YPP Agreement and Time Sheet
On Campus Training Dates
YOUTH PARTNERSHIP PROGRAM TRAINING SESSIONS
When/Where: THE BEGINNING OF LUNCH -AFTER SHARK LAB in the MEDIA CENTER
*Dates may be subject to change due to testing and other in-school events.
Monday, May 1st, 2023 is the DEADLINE for ALL Students to submit Volunteer Forms to Counselors.
*All forms are located in the Counseling Office.
Where else can I Volunteer?
To learn more about volunteer opportunities, go to the United Way's Volunteer Center. From there, you can register and create your online profile.
Why sign up?
- You have access to over 100 Agencies’ Volunteer Opportunities
- Opportunities are right here in your community
- You can keep track of your Volunteer Hours in one place
- You can print all of your hours for school credit
How to register?
- Go to http://uwvfc.galaxydigital.com/
- Click Sign-up at the top of the page
- Fill in all the information
- Click Create An Account at the bottom
- Choose Causes that interests you
- Click Continue to Step 3
- Select your Interests, talents, and skills
- Click Continue to Step 4
- Select the Agencies that interest you
- Click Finish Sign-Up